- to build hdds, need to remove /usr/lib from DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
- there is no 64-bit pre-built version of root for the current production version, 5.26, of root, nor anything labeled MacOS 10.6.
- to make 64 bit root, need to put /usr/local/lib in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. Used this first, then /usr/lib. Needed because g++ comes from /usr/local/bin and not /usr/bin
- removed the “linux” from the configure step, then it defaults to macos64 (or some such)
- Wow! root built sucessfully!
- on jlabm1, cernlib was installed in /cern