April 10, 2018
To build a sandbox container from latest CentOS7:
sudo /usr/local/bin/singularity build --sandbox centos7.builder Singularity.centos7.builder
To enter the container and make modifications to it (e. g., install RPMs via gluex_install):
sudo /usr/local/bin/singularity shell --bind /home/marki/gluex_install:/root/gluex_install --writable centos7.builder
April 3, 2018
Present: Dmitry, Sean, Thomas, MMI
- D. wanted to plan roadmap for future development
- Proposed in run browser context
- D: RCDB Python API should do it
- Python tries to cache RCDB info, that takes a long time.
- This is a ticked in RCDB, Thomas will review it
- CCDB Issues on GitHub
- D.: some have been implemented, just not on the master
- They may be on branch 1.07
- S: v1.06.02 reports itself as 1.07, log reporting is wrong
- Important issues according to S.
- log report improvements
- deprecated tables
- blame: who put in constants
- Mark added: 4. ancestry date control
- D.: feature coded, control levers not there
- High-level analysis results in a timeline
- T.: Eugene brought this up at morning RC meeting
- Two options
- put into online monitoring database (OMDB, maintained by Sean)
- put into RCDB
- Time-series webpage that uses OMDB not useable at present.
- OMDB designed for this purpose
- If in RCDB, new features could be applied to this function
- Development issues for RCDB, from D.
- API for extracting info: need tutorial on new best practices
- Improve usage of features for storing/retrieving data in/from RCDB
- review methods in DAQ scripts
- config files stored in RCDB: parsers available to get desired fields
- better use of aliases where appropriate
- New features: produce ROOT trees from RCDB (CCDB?)
April 2, 2018
Eugene’s projections for raw data in calendar 2018:
||1.1 or 1.0
Production data so far in 2018: 300 TB. Raw data: 1 PB
Also see spreadsheet summarizing chat with Sandy P. earlier in the day.
from some old data challenge or sim?.?
- 15 hours
- 30,000 events
- gives 1.8 s/event
Used this in 2018 All-Hands Meeting talk
Users on RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 or CentOS 6 will now have to use a private version of SQLite. The version shipped with the distribution is too old. Some options:
Option 1: Environment variable based.
1) Build SQLite.
2) set the SQLITE_HOME environment variable.
Option 2: OS based.
Have flags for Redhat6 everywhere.
1) modify your version.xml to have a version of sqlite defined
2) do your build
Option 3: make sqlite a required library
1) when version.xml is updated, make sure sqlite is present in your community build
2) opt out by using version=”distribution”
This is the error that you get when trying to build SQLiteCpp with a version 3.6 era sqlite library:
[ 14%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SQLiteCpp.dir/src/Backup.cpp.o
/u/scratch/marki/sqlt2/SQLiteCpp-2.2.0/src/Backup.cpp: In member function 'int SQLite::Backup::executeStep(int)':
/u/scratch/marki/sqlt2/SQLiteCpp-2.2.0/src/Backup.cpp:87:51: error: 'sqlite3_errstr' was not declared in this scope
throw SQLite::Exception(sqlite3_errstr(res), res);
make: *** [CMakeFiles/SQLiteCpp.dir/src/Backup.cpp.o] Error 1